ABOUT NORMA PRODUCTIONS
Norma Productions is an independent production company that specializes in art house independent feature films, television drama series and documentaries.
The company was established in 1995 by producer Assaf Amir, and produced several award-winning productions, which were successfully sold and received domestically and worldwide.
Assaf Amir is the owner and CEO of Norma Productions, The Company he established in 1995, which produces feature films, television dramas and Documentaries. Prior to that, Assaf studied film & philosophy in New York and San Francisco.
In addition to working as a producer, Assaf is highly involved in Israel’s film and television legislative processes and served as the chairman of the Israeli Producers Association.
Tammy Cohen started working at Norma production in 2004, after graduating from the Hebrew university in Jerusalem where she received her BA in international relations.
Through the years she served under various roles, such as Production coordinator, director’s assistant, post production supervisor and producer. Today she is mainly in charge of all our documentary projects, post productions and distribution.
Film festivals & awards gallery
- 36 Israeli Academy Awards including 4 for Best Picture, 3 for Best Director and 4 for Best Screenplay and 2 for Best Drama Series awards
- 10 Jerusalem Int’l FF Awards including 4 for Best Picture Award
- For Best Debut Feature Award at the Haifa International Film Festival
- Coppa Volpi for Best Actress and for Best First Feature at the Venice Film Festival
- Audience Award and 3 Official Selections at the Berlin Int’l FF
- For Best Cinematographer and Nomination for Best Documentary of the European Film Award
- Nomination for Best first Feature and Best first Screenplay at the Independent Spirit Awards
- 2 Grand Prix Awards at the Tokyo int’l FF
- Special Grand Prix of the Jury at the Montreal World FF
- Grand Jury Prize and for Best Actor Award at the Karlovy Vary FF
- The Golden Dove Award for Best Documentary at the Dok Leipzig International Film Festival
- The Magnolia Award for Best Asian Documentary at the Shanghai Film Festival